Sunday 2 August 2009

FRIENDS' FLOWERS

Iain is off to Canada ahead of the rest of us (who go in a fortnight) and while he is away I am out visiting friends.

This is an artistic representation of various vases of flowers which I have had the priveledge of enjoying whilst visiting and/or staying overnight this past week.

Maggie's fresia on the bedroom dressing table.


Maggie's clematis on the window ledge.


Anne's golden lilies in the front room.



I took this photo in the garden outside the Dunkeld Fish Smokehouse en route to Louise's this week. I think it is Miss Willmott's Ghost (Erynguim gigantium). Actually, I see there are many images of plants of this name in Google images. The same name appears to cover this genus whether the species has frondy petals (are they petals?) or plain ones.

I have always like this plant; Neil Bell gave me a cutting some years ago and I always think of him when I see these in other people's gardens.

Anyhow, I doodled around with this photo and the only arty input that pleased me was to make it half dark and half light. Kind of wierd but, ahem ... that's 'art'!!!

Good heavens! Where has the time gone?!!!!


1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

Nice assemblage (how do you translate?) of pretty flowers. I like the vase with the lilies, it is very elegant. I have never seen the grey flower, but then I am not much of a gardener. We have petunias and impatiens in pots and that’s about it – well we also have herbs.