Monday 30 June 2008

HELENSBURGH RESEVOIR

Another discovery! I walked out the front door and headed up the hill to where there is a resevoir. It was early evening with long shadows. Up high on the bank was this lovely honeysuckle which is out everywhere at the moment. What I did not see until I looked through the camera lens were the midges which were, at that moment, not on me but on the honeysuckle flowers!


All along the road were foxgloves and this white one caught my eye.


I came upon the resevoir to find half a dozen camoflaged fishermen quietly fly-fishing on the bank. No dog walkers or anyone else about. The sun kept coming and going as I tried to take a photo of the sun on the loch. I gave up and started to walk around the perimeter.



Just as I approached a very tall fisherman with a very long, light (carbon-fibre?) fishing rod, he yanked at something. I stood there and watched as he pulled in this 2 pound rainbow trout!



As the light was going I took this photo of these Canada geese on the water. It turned out very dark. However, with Photoshop Highlight Adjustment it is now much brighter giving enough light to see more than just their characteristic white marking. Would they be residents, I wonder?

1 comment:

rgblog said...

The more dog walkers you see the better:

Dog walkers and dogs are the most reliable and inexpensive security resource in society. With their daily presence in our parks and on our nature trails, they are the eyes and ears of the community, frequently the first to discover crime and consistently a deterrent to it. We should be encouraging the presence of dog walkers and their dogs rather than implementing public policies that restrict and prohibit them.

A tired dog is a happy dog!!