Friday 2 May 2008

MORRIOSN'S RED ROSE

This red rose sitting in a jam jar with some weary daffodils has given me months, quite literally months, of pleasure.

It was presented to me as part of a bouquet of red roses as a Thank You from the Kilmardinny Music Class, i.e. Alastair C. and co., when I offered the use of my living room for our last class in December as the water was coming through the ceiling of our Kilmardinny House classroom.

Alastair said he bought them at Morrisons en route from Millport, the day of the class which was December 14th. I duly put the bouquet of 12 roses in a vase of water and placed them in the porch. With the central heating on flowers do not last long.

Well they stayed in perfect condition until about the end of February when I started to remove them one by one. But the remaining ones were still there mixed in with another bouquet and giving colour in the grey days of winter.

Finally in the second week of March, Mairi was tidying the flower vases as I was ill in bed. She gathered up the last of the flowers and placed them in little vases around the house. This one ended up on the kitchen window ledge. To my amazement there was still one remaining red rose!

So there is the proof – my compliments to Morrison's stores, and most particularly to their supplier of supermarket flowers!

No comments: